The Focus Diagnostics West Nile Virus IgG DxSelect™ is intended for qualitatively detecting IgG antibodies to West Nile virus in human serum. In conjunction with the Focus Diagnostics West Nile Virus IgM Capture DxSelect™, the test is indicated for testing persons having symptoms of meningoencephalitis, as an aid in the presumptive laboratory diagnosis of West Nile virus infection.
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Aseptically transfer serum to a tightly closing sterile container for storage. Serum can remain at 22°C for no longer than 8 hours after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than 48 hours after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples
- Samples containing particulate matter
- Samples exhibiting obvious microbial contamination.
5-7 business days
31701-6 (Order code: 1580)