The WN/SLE duplex MIA procedure is a replacement for the WN and SLE MAC-ELISAs test with a single, equally sensitive, faster test. It is an immunological capture assay for the qualitative determination of IgM-class antibodies to the WN and SLE viruses. These viruses co-circulate in parts of the US and are routinely tested concurrently.
Microsphere-based immunologic assay (MIA)
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF):
Collect in a sterile container.
Cerebrospinal fluid should be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
5-7 business days
31703-2 (Order code: 1590)