GPHL accepts isolates from all laboratories and health care providers for confirmatory testing of suspected Candida auris.
An 18-48-hour pure culture of yeast on Trypticase Soy Agar with 5% Sheep’s Blood (BAP) or Sabouraud-dextrose agar.
Cultures can be maintained at room temperature (15-30°C) during transit.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Isolated Organism Identified as:
- No Yeast Isolated
- Missing written testing requisition form
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
1-3 business days
90002-7 (Order code: 1650)