Community Partner Resources
Community partners play a crucial role in spreading awareness for the WIC program and helping families get the healthy start they deserve. Through providing food benefits and nutrition services, WIC creates a world where children receive a diet that keeps them healthy and strong, leading to better long-term health outcomes.
The Importance of WIC
The WIC program supports the health of families between doctor visits.
WIC participants see benefits such as:
- Longer, safer pregnancies with fewer premature births and infant deaths
- Improved maternal health
- Improved dietary outcomes for infants and children
- Improved performance at school
Many people don’t realize they’re eligible for WIC benefits, so we need your help sharing this information with your community and throughout your networks. As a trusted advisor, it is important to inform your community of this program to help their families have a healthy start.
Help Connect Your Community to the WIC Program
- Talk to your community about the benefits of the program and how it can support their family
- Leverage the USDA’s “Talking About WIC to Potential Participants” page for key information to share
- Provide community members with the WIC brochure and hang up informational posters in community spaces
- Contact your local WIC clinic to discuss the best system for referrals.
Community Partner Toolkit
Download materials to help refer your community for WIC services in Georgia:
For more information visit wic.ga.gov
Page updated 9/14/2023