The LIAISON XL® Toxo IgG assay uses Chemiluminescent Immunoassay (CLIA) technology on the LIAISON XL® Analyzer (Model 15970) for the qualitative determination of specific IgG antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii in human serum. The results of this assay can be used as an aid in the assessment of the patient’s serological status to infection with Toxoplasma gondii and in the determination of immune status of individuals including pregnant women.
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than seven days.
Serum separated from the clot can be stored frozen (-20 °C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples
- Samples containing particulate matter
- Samples exhibiting microbial contamination
5-7 business days
22580-5 (Order code: 1530)