Breast Cancer Awareness
Take Charge of Your Health, Get Screened!
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime
- Early detection of breast cancer increases the likelihood of successful treatment
- Find out if you’re eligible for low or no cost screening by visiting https://dph.georgia.gov/BCCP
- Contact your local health department to schedule your screening today! https://dph.georgia.gov/public-health-districts
Knowing Your Family History Could Help Save Your Life
- Did you know that 10% of cancer is hereditary?
- Your family history and genetics are tools for cancer prevention
- The Georgia Department of Public Health has partnered with Georgia CORE to offer genetic testing of 35 genes associated with cancer to women in Georgia at no cost!
- You can receive a FREE phone consultation regarding screening results with a certified Clinical Genomics Nurse Practitioner
- Visit https://www.georgiacancerinfo.org/breast-cancer-gene-screen to learn more.
Five Steps to Reduce Your Chances of Breast Cancer
- Get regular breast cancer screening exams
- Know your family history—find out more about the Breast Cancer Genomics Screening Program https://www.georgiacancerinfo.org/breast-cancer-gene-screen
- Eat a healthy diet of 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking or using tobacco products
- Exercise daily (150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity) to maintain a healthy weight
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Partners in the Community
Did you know that Georgia’s BCCP Program works with health systems partners across the state to provide Breast and Cervical screening services to eligible women? Contact them to learn more and schedule your screening today!
- Grady Health System https://www.gradyhealth.org/cancer-center/
- Albany Area Primary Health Care https://aaphc.org/services/aaphc-free-health-screenings
- Center for Pan Asian Community Services https://cpacs.org/
- Center for Black Women’s Wellness https://www.cbww.org/
- Mercy Care Atlanta https://mercyatlanta.org/
- Good Samaritan https://goodsamatlanta.org/