Services for Children 1st
- Identification of children at risk for poor health and developmental delay
- Home visits to administer the Ages and Stages Questionnaires developmental screening tool for children birth to age 5.
- Autism Screening
- Referrals and linkages to programs such as:
- Babies Can’t Wait
- Children’s Medical Services
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Georgia Newborn Screening
- 1st Care
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Community-based programs and resources
- Monitoring of children not eligible for early intervention programs and services
What is the cost?
There is no cost to families to participate in the Children 1st program. It is open to all children, birth through five years old, across the State of Georgia.
Children 1st services are offered statewide in DPH’s 18 public health districts and 159 counties. To find your local Children 1st office search the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Service Locator.
Page last update 11/27/2019