Renew EMS License with LMS
Medic License Renewals with LMS
Effective October 1, 2019, all individual EMS licensees with a license expiring on 3/31/2020 or after are required to use the Georgia EMS License Management System (LMS) for license renewals. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
For information on how to access the Georgia EMS LMS, click HERE.
2020 Medic License Renewals
The renewal season for medics with a provider licenses expiring on 3/31/2020 is as follows:
|Renewal Term||Start Date||End Date|
|2020 Late Renewal (additional $75 fee)||4/1/2020||9/30/2020|
See the detailed steps below for how to renew your license. Prior to beginning the application, you should have the following ready:
- A list of all of your continuing education for the renewal period (you should have your certificates as well). Medics SHOULD NOT be initiating the license renewal application until they have confirmed that 40 hours of Continuing Education are met. Please see the instructions.
- A clear and signed scanned copy of your CPR card (front and back)
- For CTs and Paramedics: A clear and signed scanned copy of your ACLS card (front and back)
Detailed Steps for Online Medic Renewal
- Login to www.mygemsis.org/lms (click HERE for information on obtaining your login information)
- Click on Applications, then My Applications, then look for the application that says "Georgia Medic Renewal" - if your agency has paid for your renewal, you will see an Application entitled "Georgia Medic Renewal - for medics paid for by an agency (2020)" - click on Apply Now next to the appropriate application.
- Form 1 - Compliance Status Verification
- Answer the 2 questions
- Sign the form with your password and Date (click Today)
- Click Submit - you will be taken back to the page entitled Continue My Applications
- Form 2 - Renewal Training Hours Verification
- Under the Forms section, you will see a button that says Start next to the "Renewal Training Hours Verification" - click the Start button
- The next screen shows your current license level - click Save and Continue
- If you have already entered your hours previously - at the top you will see "Training Requirements: Complete" - if you see that it says "Incomplete", you will need to add your Continuing Education hours here.
- For each course you are going to enter:
- Click on the Add Training button.
- Enter the Name of the training
- Enter the Date of the training (if the training was multiple dates, enter the last date of the training)
- You do not need to enter the Location
- Upload a scanned copy of your course certificate by clicking the Choose File button, and select the file on your computer for your certificate.
- Select the Topic, Enter the number of Hours of credit. (remember that you must have 40 hours - with at least 4 in Trauma, 4 in Cardiac and 8 in Pediatrics)
- To enter additional topics covered, click Add Topic
- Click Save
- Once you have entered all of your hours, check to see if the Training Requirements says "Complete" - if it does not, then you have not met the training hours minimum.
- Sign and Date the form, and then click Submit
- Form 3 - Medic Renew License Application Form
- If you have completed all of your hours, then you should be taken back to the "Continue My Applications" page, and under Form, you should see the "Medic Renew License Application" - click Start
- Complete each tab and click Save and Continue
- All medics are required to upload a copy of their CPR card (front and back) and for CTs and Paramedics, a copy of their ACLS card (front and back) is also required.
- Select your payment type - the fastest payment type is Credit/Debit Card (there is an additional $2.75 charge for Credit/Debit Card processing)
- After completing all tabs and signing the last page, click Submit and then you will be asked if you are sure, click Yes.
- If you elected to pay by Credit/Debit card, you will be taken to the Checkout page - once there, click on Pay now
- Enter your Card and Billing information, and then click Submit Transaction - wait for it to finish processing (do NOT refresh your screen)
- The "All Transactions" screen is next - if the transaction does not have a status of "Completed", then your payment was not successful, and you need to click on Checkout under Applications on the left to attempt your payment again.
- If the payment was successful, then you should receive an email stating your license has been renewed. You can also click on My Account on the left and check your new Expiration Date. You can click on Documents under the My Account section to see your license card.
Page last updated 3/9/2020