Child Passenger Safety Education Tools
The following materials and links are to educate parents, caregivers, and professionals regarding best practice for child passenger safety. These include:
- : A printable PDF in English and Spanish of best practice recommendations for rear-facing, forward-facing, booster seat, and seat belt use.
- The AAP’s page for all topics related to transportation safety for children: https://healthychildren.org/english/safety-prevention/on-the-go/pages/default.aspx
- Infographics from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on correct harnessing for children in car seats, booster seats, and seat belts: https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/child_passenger_safety/resources.html
- General car seat safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW): https://www.safekids.org/car-seat
- The Ultimate Car Seat Guide from Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW). This tool provides tailored recommendations for your child based on their age and weight: https://ucsg.safekids.org/
If you would like information regarding assistance with obtaining a seat from the Mini-Grant program, or to request the most current copy of the Mini-Grant contact list please email [email protected] and include the county of residence.
Page last updated: 1/03/2023