Tools for Child Passenger Safety Education
Child Passenger Safety Education Tools
The following materials and links are to educate parents, caregivers, and professionals regarding best practice for child passenger safety. These include:
- : A printable PDF in English and Spanish of best practice recommendations for rear-facing, forward-facing, booster seat, and seat belt use.
- The AAP’s page for all topics related to transportation safety for children: https://healthychildren.org/english/safety-prevention/on-the-go/pages/default.aspx
- Infographics from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on correct harnessing for children in car seats, booster seats, and seat belts: https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/child_passenger_safety/resources.html
- General car seat safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW): https://www.safekids.org/car-seat
- The Ultimate Car Seat Guide from Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW). This tool provides tailored recommendations for your child based on their age and weight: https://ucsg.safekids.org/
If you would like information regarding assistance with obtaining a seat from the Mini-Grant program, or to request the most current copy of the Mini-Grant contact list please email [email protected] and include the county of residence.
Page last updated: 1/03/2023