Ready to Quit
YOU can quit smoking, vaping, and using smokeless tobacco today! When you are ready, we can help. Improve your chances of quitting by calling or texting the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL).
(877) 270-STOP (877-270-7867) | Español (877) 2NO-FUME (877-266-3863)
Hearing Impaired: 1-877-777-6534
Text READY to 34191| Español Text LISTO to 34191
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including holidays)
You will receive
- Telephone, text, and web-based services for all tobacco users 13 years and older
- 5-call program to all Georgians
- Services and support for pregnant and postpartum women
- Cessation (quitting) services that address the use of all tobacco products
- Translation support for multiple languages
- Referrals to community resources
- FREE 4-week supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs), gum, or patch, for qualified Georgia residents
What is the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL) is a FREE public health service available to help Georgians quit smoking, vaping and stop using all forms of tobacco products. GTQL is monitored by the Georgia Tobacco Use Prevention Program (GTUPP) and partners with a national tobacco cessation vendor to provide telephone, text, and web-based services. The service follows the United States Public Health Service Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Clinical Practice Guidelines.
All Georgia residents who are ready to make a quit attempt can call the GTQL. Calls are also encouraged from concerned family members, friends, healthcare providers, public health professionals, and employers of Georgia residents.
Why should you call the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line?
- Quitlines are proven to increase the chances of quitting and staying quit Receive tips and support from a Quit Coach that help callers quit.
- Eliminates barriers of traditional cessation classes such as, waiting for a class to be held or finding transportation to attend a class.
- Provides easy access for people who live in rural or remote areas.
- Empowers callers who may feel uncomfortable with seeking help in a group setting.
Georgia Tobacco Quit Line Promotional Flyer
Georgia Tobacco Quit Line - Español
Georgia Tobacco Quit Line - English
Help Your Patients Quit Smoking Today
Page last reviewed 13/15/2023